We are back with another skin care post. In today’s post we are going discover the beauty benefits of Coconut Oil. Yes, there is more to coconut oil then just the CHAMPI 😛
Coconut oil is widely used by beauty devotees, bloggers and celebrities worldwide. This tops the list in must have product in one’s vanity. It’s antibacterial and anti fungal and can be used for skin care, hair care, weight loss and even freshening your breath..and much more!
Some people even put it in their coffee, green tea & smoothies for it’s health benefits but today we are sticking to it’s beauty use.
1. Moisturizer : Just apply it like you apply your normal store bought night cream or moisturizer after cleansing and toning your face, and you will wake up with soft, nourished and plump skin next morning.
2. Eye Cream : Our under eye skin is very delicate and is the first place to show signs of aging, such as wrinkles or fine lines. Coconut oil is super hydrating it prevents these wrinkles and banish fine lines.
3. Makeup Remover : It is the best makeup remover one can have, no matter how stubborn your mascara is or the longevity your eyeliner promise, it doesn’t stand a chance in front of it.
4.Highlighter : Simply apply coconut oil on the high points of your face over your make up, and you’re glowing in no time.
5. Lip Balm : Simply apply coconut oil on lips and it nourishes for a pout free of cracks and flakes.
6. Body Scrub : Options are unlimited mix it with sea salt, sugar, coffee powder (personal favorite), baking soda.
7. Reduce Wrinkle and Fine lines : Coconut oil help slow the aging process while keeping skin hydrated…making it soft, supple, and glowing.
8. Age spots: Applying coconut oil directly to the age spot will help them fade.
9. Post Wax/Shaving Balm : Apply before the shaving process to prep your skin or after you are done waxing to remove the wax from skin.
10. Eyelashes: Brush on to eyelashes to boost their growth and pigmentation.
11. Lighten Scars : It is known to lighten scars with regular use.
12. Remedy for fungal nail infections : The anti fungal fatty acids found in coconut oil makes it so effective for treating nail fungus and infections. Just prepare a portion by heating coconut oil with “Asafoetida”commonly called as hing & store in a bottle. Apply to the affected area 3-5 times a day & get instant relief. I can tell you from personal experience.
Above are a very few beauty/skin usage of coconut oil, there are still 100 of more ways in one can use it.
Do let us know how you use coconut oil !