Are you guys also sick & tired of hearing this from your mom & grandma that we are so lazy.. ? A part of me can`t help but wonder yeah! They are right we are.. Probably because of the major lifestyle changes, food habits, stress we go through on daily basic & fast-food that we eat.. It is impacting us…
We very often hear our friends/colleagues complaining of problems such as joint pain, back pain, hair fall, dull skin & many more.
Today, let’s re-discover some super seeds that we should include in our diet & improve our overall health.
Sesame Seeds: Yes! Your “Maa ke hath k til laddu “ other than love, it is also packed with so many beneficial minerals. Sesame seeds are an excellent source of copper, manganese, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, vitamin B1, zinc, molybdenum, selenium, and dietary fiber which makes it a must have in your diet to improve your Joints & Bone Health.
- Keep problems such as Arthritis, Osteoporosis away. For those of you who are suffering from any of these problems get some relief if you would include Sesame seeds in your diet. It is rich in Copper which is known in reducing some of the pain and swelling of rheumatoid arthritis.
- It is a boon for people who are Lactose intolerance, this can be an alternative for their daily dose of calcium.
- A good source of dietary protein high-quality amino acids making up 20% of the seed. Thus, is perfect for a high protein vegetarian diet.
- They contain an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compound called sesamol that prevents the formation of atheromas (plaques) in arteries. Hence improving the cardiovascular health
- As, sesame seeds contain zinc that boosts the bone mineral density and the bone health
- Promotes growth of healthy Hair, Nails & Skin
Flax Seeds: Flax or Linseed, also known as “Alasi” in Hindi. Flax seeds are the richest sources of omega-3 fatty acids. Flaxseed contains high levels of protein, dietary fiber, several B vitamins, and dietary minerals such as thiamine, magnesium, and phosphorus
- ALA (Alpha-linolenic acid) A type of Omega-3 fatty acid that is found in flaxseed good fat that helps promote bone & joint health.
- Help you in weight loss as they are high in Fiber, but Low in Carbs. It is high in both soluble and insoluble fiber which can support colon detoxification, fat loss and reduce sugar cravings.
- Gives you Healthy Skin and Hair as it is rich in essential fats as well as b-vitamins
I myself have noticed a difference in my overall health after I incorporated Sesame & Flax Seeds. Here is a few ways how I included Flax seeds & Sesame in my diet:
- With curd
- Sprinkle some on my salad/noodles
- In my morning smoothie/ protein shake
- Grind & mix in the flour of my chapatti/pratha
- Homemade flaxseed & Sesame Chiki
- flaxseed & Sesame Ladoo
- Sometimes I just roast & keep in my bag to munch at work.